Monday 9 December 2013


New Media Analysis:

The website I chose to analyse is Tumblr. Tumblr is a platform that allows you to express yourself and embrace your individuality through your blog. Your blog is completely customisable so you can have it looking anyway you would like it to, as long as you know how to use html codes. The main hub of tumblr is your dashboard. On your dashboard is everything that the people you follow have re-blogged, which you can then also re-blog onto your blog. You don’t just have to re-blog though; you can upload your own things. You have the option to upload some text (as long as you want), you can upload pictures, videos, music, links to website etc. I like Tumblr because the community on the site seem to be more creative and open-minded than the communities on other social networks such as Twitter. Even though on Twitter you can be yourself, people like to judge and mock others for retweets. Tumblr embraces all different types of people and truly does allow you to be yourself. I jumped on the Tumblr bandwagon a little late though. I had always known what it was, and I would have my favourite blogs bookmarked on Safari but I just never wanted to go through the trouble of making one. I also thought that nobody would check it out either. Yes Tumblr is a space for you to just be yourself, but I wanted to know that people were checking my blog out and liked it, just a little confirmation. My friend made my Tumblr for me about a year ago and at first it was tricky because I needed to ‘find myself’ online. I had no idea what to blog, or how I wanted my blog to look like. After a month or two I really got into the swing of things and really got immersed into the world of Tumblr.  To my surprise my blog became popular pretty fast and I get about nearly 2000 visits a day, and now blogging has become a fun thing for me because I know that other people like coming to visit my little space on the internet.

Dashboard
 
My Blog






No comments:

Post a Comment